“Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction.” – James 1:27a
At Gracepoint we believe local outreach is meant to…
- Engage the local church in actively meeting the physical needs of our surrounding community.
- Build relationships with the lost and share the Gospel with them.
- Foster deeper community among our members as we serve together.
Our hope is to structure our local outreach program in a way that enables all members to participate at some level.
In 2019, our goals are to:
- Organize two whole church (2) service related projects.
- Organize two whole church (2) community donation or appreciation projects.
- Facilitate individual participation in ministries of their choosing and encourage them to share their experiences with the congregation
- Assist small groups/youth group in developing a way to serve together.
- Use our building to be a resource to our community
Haverhill DCF Social Worker Appreciation Breakfast:
- Currently in MA there are approximately 2,800 children in foster care.
- DCF social workers often are called upon to actively intervene in some of the worst situations in the lives of children & their families.
- They are often under resourced and over burdened.
- Used to being seen as the “enemy” by their clients, their job is emotionally draining and stressful.
- As a community of believers we want to demonstrate the love and hope of Jesus not only to the families affected by foster care, but also to those workers who have dedicated their careers to serving these families.
What we need from you:
- GP will be supplying breakfast for the Social Workers @ Haverhill DCF on March 4th, during National Social Workers Month.
- We need people to write thank you notes that we can distribute to the workers.
- We need a total of 85 cards. They do not need to be individualized to a specific worker, but should be thoughtful.
- Cards will be available at the back of the auditorium during February Services (10th, 17th & 24th).
- Pray for the Social Workers during March:
- Pray for their salvation if they are not already Christians.
- Pray that God gives them perseverance & wisdom in their dealings with families.
- Pray that our Church will come to be recognized in the DCF office as people who genuinely love & care for them.
Individual or Small Group Opportunities
Somebody Cares New England
- Local Church in Haverhill meeting basic needs of the city’s poor
- Serve by prepping for food distribution one Monday night/month or volunteering at the food pantry one Thursday morning/month
- See: SomebodyCaresNe.org
Pregnancy Care Center
- Christian organization committed to ministering to young mothers & their newborns.
- Serve as a volunteer: Counseling, secretarial work or service projects needed
- Flexible commitments available
- See: PCCNorthEast.org
Relay for Life (North Andover)
- March 30-31 @ North Andover High School. Community event to raise money for cancer research
- Create a team, walk as an individual or serve as a volunteer
- See: ACSEvents.org
- Website with multiple opportunities for serving in our community
- Eg: Volunteer at local hospice, library or elder services
- See: VolunteerMatch.org
DCF Visit Room Renovation:
- October 2018
- Visit rooms allow space for families who have had children placed into DCF custody to visit under the supervision of a social worker.
- The rooms were drab, poorly furnished and without kid appropriate resources (toys, books, etc).
- Gracepoint sponsored renovation of one of the visit rooms & members served in the remodeling of the rooms along with other local churches.
At GracePoint we encourage our members to be engaged serving the local community with the love of Jesus where their individual interest or passions may lead them. Find a place to serve and share your story with our church so we can support you in it!