What is Gospel Fluency? We’ve been alluding to it for months, and now we’re learning and talking about it directly. What is it? It is biblical? It is important? We’re going unpack all that this Sunday through the lens of Ephesians 4:11-16 in our effort to become, yes, gospel fluent, in every area of our lives. Pray for fruit!
Discipleship Teaching of the Week: Overcoming Your Fear of Evangelism
Ok, maybe the word “overcoming” is a little strong. I’m not sure if evangelism will ever be easy. (Every time I go to share my faith, the beginning of this sketch from Jim Gaffigan plays in my mind.) And yet, I do believe that our fear should decrease over time. As Christians we should grow in our courage and conviction to proclaim the good news. Why should you be courageous to share your faith? Here are a bunch of reasons from Eric Davis:
- It’s a privilege to speak Christ.
- Jesus is not ashamed of his people.
- It’s a huge act of love to evangelize.
- The gospel is amazing.
- We are commanded to share the gospel.
- It brings joy to evangelize.
- Evangelism is an opportunity to walk by faith.
- Evangelism is an opportunity to deny ourselves.
- You’re going to be glad you evangelized when you stand before Jesus.
- Evangelism glorifies God.
- Sometimes people get saved.
Lots of Links
- Are Miracles Improbable?
- Podcast: How to Intentionally Disciple Your Kids (Lindsey Carlson)
- Reading the Bible and Praying More Won’t Break Your Porn Addiction
- High-Centered Puppy
– Pastor Ryan
10 Weeks of Gospel Fluency: In preparation for Sunday evening, please do Week One pages 26-46 in the Handbook. Try not to cram it all in in one day. Give yourself time to reflect. Don’t hold back what is going on in your heart. We will start this Sunday at 5:30pm. Childcare will be provided.
Ladies – NEW Wednesday Morning Bible Study: We are studying Beth Moore’s “David – Seeking a Heart Like His”. We meet Wednesday mornings from 9:30am-11:00am. For additional information please contact Rachel Adler.
Men’s Bible Study: Men please join us as we study the book of Judges. We meet at the church every Thursday from 6:30am – 7:30am. All men are invited!
Man Camp: November 1-3. Please sign up individually at https://berea.org/mancamp/. The cost is $175 until 9/30 and then $185. If you would like to go but cost is an issue please let Ryan know. When you sign up indicate that you are with GracePoint to be placed in our reserved lodging. Once registered please email Romie your confirmation. We will be arranging a carpool to Berea for the event.