We are living in unprecedented times. Normal life activity has ceased or slowed considerably. Gatherings of more than 10 have essentially stopped. The economy is in freefall. And, of course, the Covid-19 virus that is sweeping through the entire world, if left unchecked, will take countless lives. It is not at all clear when things will get back to “normal.”
And yet Jesus tells us: Do not to fear. How is this possible? How can we have peace in the face of layoffs and social isolation and death? The next few weeks and months are going to give us an incredible opportunity to deepen our faith in Jesus. We will be challenged in ways most of us have never been challenged before. And so we must remember who we are. And who we are is children of the living God. Pray for peace this Sunday as we journey through Galatians 4:6.
Our Response to the Coronavirus Crisis & How We Can Help
We want you to know how we have been, and will be, responding to this crisis. And how you can join in, too!
- For up to date information, please consult this page: https://gracepointne.org/category/coronavirus/
- Our primary goal is to love each other and our neighbors as well as possible. Not only are we commanded to do this, but there is incredible evangelistic power in displaying Christ’s love to each other and those in our communities.
- The most loving thing we can do right now is to help stop the spread of the virus. And so do your best to follow the new guidelines from the White House task force and your local government officials.
- We are checking in regularly with our most at-risk members.
- If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to seek help. We are in this together and the church can offer spiritual and physical assistance. And so if you’re struggling with anxiety, depression, food shortage, loss of income, or anything else, we want to be a help to you. Please contact me, on behalf of the elders, for spiritual help; and contact Shelby, on behalf of the deacons, for physical help.
- Even though we cannot meet physically, we have incredible gifts at our disposal to meet spiritually! Watch and participate in the live-stream service every Sunday. Join with us every Thursday from 6:30p-7p to pray. Have your kids join in with our KidsTown team’s video conference call/Bible studies. Get some people together via Facetime or Google Hangouts to check in and pray for one another. And what an incredible opportunity to jump start family worship at home!
- One of the best things you can do for your community is to walk around your neighborhood and offer your assistance. Click here to download a simple flier that you can download, fill out, cut out and give out to those in your community. Let’s love others the way Jesus loved us!
- Please pray. We don’t know how bad things are going to get. The medical professionals in our church (and elsewhere) are already working very long hours. Massive layoffs are bound to happen. And there is no way to know how long this will all last. And so cry out to God for yourself and the world. Pray for peace, comfort and healing. And pray that many come to Christ.
Lots of Links