Time for some honesty from your pastor. I am anxious. It’s pretty low level, but it seems to be present all the time. Part of the anxiety is from the huge change in the way we do ministry now (video conferencing, livestreaming the service, and lots of phone calls). And, of course, I am anxious about what’s happening out there. Going out in public is hazardous and scary. Thinking about the damage being done to the economy is distressing. And, perhaps worst of all, no one knows when all this will end.
There are lots of things we need to be doing to fight back anxiety and despair. Prayer, spending quality time with family, even if via Facetime, going out for walks. I have been doing all that, but also turning to the Psalms daily for help. The Psalms not only put into words how I often feel, but they remind me of the truths I need to remember. And so we’re going to work through Psalm 11 this week, to understand that though our wordly foundations may be destroyed, we do not need to run away. Pray for peace for all of us this week. And tune in at 10am for our live-streamed worship service.
Up-To-Date Information & Meetings
- Please click here for the most up-to-date information about how our church is responding to the coronavirus crisis.
- We have gotten some really good feedback about our livestream worship service! Please continue to tune in. (Here is the link to the livestream for this week)
- If you did not know, Jamie Cummings and Jessica Phelps have been doing Kids Town for kids on Zoom on Sundays and Wednesday at 1pm. It has been great to see the kids and hear their prayer requests! If you want to join in, email Jamie or Jessica.
- The youth group is hanging out tonight online at 7pm.
- Our men’s group will be gathering online tomorrow at noon. Click here.
- Please join us for our weekly prayer meeting from 6:30p-7p tomorrow evening. Click here.
Invite Your One
Before the virus hit, we had planned to host something we we called Invite Your One. The idea was pretty simple. You invite someone from the community to check out our church on April 5th. So what do we do now? WE STILL DO IT. I want to challenge you to invite at least one person to tune into our livestream on April 5th. I will send out a simple invitation card you can send to your friends in email, facebook, and over text. Let’s see God work!
We hope that you will continue to give generously to our church. Not only is it imperative that you give to keep our church going, support our missionaries, and provide for those in need, but giving is a wonderful act of faith in this time.
There are three main ways that you can give:
- Set up bill pay with your bank who will send a check on your behalf to the church
- Send a check to us at our address
- Give online (note that with all online giving transactions, there is a 3% fee)
Lots of Links