As Elder Jim Bolton announced last Sunday, the elders have selected a candidate to put forward as GracePoint’s Interim Pastor. Today, we want to share details about him and outline what happens next.
MEET PASTOR DAVE BROWN. Thanks to God’s grace, the elders had several strong options for our Interim Pastor position. Ultimately, we felt God leading us toward Dave Brown as the candidate we wanted to bring forward to the congregation. Dave is a godly man who has served as both senior pastor and interim pastor.
To learn more about Dave and his faith story, please check out his profile.
- SERMON: Pastor Dave will deliver a sermon to GracePoint this coming Sunday.
- Q&A SESSION: After the service, we’ll host a Q&A in-person and on the live stream. Please submit your questions for Pastor Dave ahead of time through this page on our website: http://gracepointne.org/interim/
- MEMBERS MEETING: We will be scheduling a members meeting for Wednesday September 30 to vote on hiring Pastor Dave as the Interim Pastor, so please keep that evening free. We will email details about this meeting soon.
THIS WEEK’S SERMON: “A NEW BEGINNING” BY INTERIM PASTOR CANDIDATE DAVE BROWN
We are excited to introduce Dave Brown to GracePoint Community Church this Sunday! Dave has been shortlisted by the elder board as the proposed candidate for the Interim Pastor position. He will be preaching from Joshua 1 on the topic of leadership transitions and how God is in the plans and oversees it all. Dave will also discuss, in concept, some of the principles that need to be followed in the transition process.
Pray for discernment as we prepare to vote on calling pastor Dave Brown to be GracePoint Community Church’s Interim Pastor
Pray for our missionaries in Mexico, Panama and Moldova as they face unique hurdles in their regions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We are limited to a capacity of 53 people in the building at one time. Because of this, we are asking people to RSVP for the service ahead of time. If more than 53 people show up, we will have overflow seating under a tent outdoors by the open garage door.
- You can register for the service here.
- Masks will be required at all times during the service (this includes children above the age of 5). We will have masks available if someone forgets to bring one.
- Seats will be distanced a minimum of 6 ft apart. Please sit with the people from your own household.
- No childcare will be provided. Feel free to bring coloring supplies, books, or quiet toys for young children.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing ANY symptoms.
- The livestream will continue for those that are more comfortable viewing from home.