Over the last several weeks we’ve explored the themes of Christian identity and unity during times of change and challenge. This week we’re focused on Jesus’ words on this topic from John 15:9-17.
In life, we sometimes struggle with authentic friendships because we often expect too much and give too little. But Jesus shows us how Gospel-saturated friendships, rooted in his love, can break down our walls of selfishness and self-protection to bring life and joy to our friends and to us as well. Pray for God to soften our hearts and open our minds this Sunday.
One of the ways that we are providing a warm welcome to Pastor Dave & Bev is to stock their freezer with some home cooked meals. If you’d like to participate, please bring a meal to the church freezer by Sunday 11/8.
The meals should be portioned for 2 people, in disposable containers, and clearly labeled for contents and cooking instructions. There are no dietary restrictions or food allergies. Baked goods (muffins, cookies, etc.) are also welcome. If you are unable to bring a meal on Sunday and need to coordinate meal drop off, please contact Shelby.
Please Read: New CODI-19 Protocols
It is important to us at Gracepoint that we love and serve our community well. As case numbers rise across the state, it is clear that any increased COVID spread has the potential to negatively impact our community, not only through illness, but also through school shut-downs, business closures, and job losses. In order to serve our community well—and to protect vulnerable members of our own church body—we are putting some additional COVID guidelines into place.
Here is what you can expect beginning this Sunday, November 8th:
- Online registration will now include questions about COVID related symptoms, recent travel, and COVID exposures. A confirmation email containing a QR code will be sent after registration. This QR code will be used to check-in upon arrival Sunday morning.
- Everyone attending in person services will check-in when they arrive. Households that registered in advance can check-in quickly by scanning their QR code. Anyone who did not register ahead of time will be able to register in person when they arrive.
- Social distancing is encouraged before, during, and after the service. If you would like to mingle after the service has ended, please move outside and try to maintain social distancing.
- If any person attending in person services tests positive for COVID within 72 hours of attending, in person services will be suspended for 2 weeks to allow time for contact tracing and recommended testing to take place.
- Please note that we are limited to a capacity of 53 people in the building at one time. Because of this, we are asking people to RSVP for the service ahead of time. If more than 53 people show up, we will have overflow seating under a tent outdoors by the open garage door.
You can register for the service here.
The livestream will continue for those that are more comfortable viewing from home.
We are hopeful that these guidelines will help us to safely remain open throughout the winter months. Please reach out to Shelby with any questions or concerns.