“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” – Mark 10:45
At Gracepoint our Global Missions:
To follow the word of God and activate new souls for Christ in countries and missions our church supports prayerfully, financially and physically.
To advance the Gospel with the guidance of the Holy Spirit while preparing and serving on Global Missions Trips, praying for our Missionary Partners and educating and activating our Youth and Kidstown children into Missions.
Our hope is to structure our local outreach program in a way that enables all members to participate at some level.
In 2019-2020, our goals are to:
- Organize two missions trips (2): one to Moldova and one to Panama.
- Allow our Missionaries to visit and share God’s calling on their life and The Holy Spirits challenge to each of us to help.
- Share individual stories and testimonies from our teams experiences in the field through Sunday vignettes.
- Educate Youth group and Kids Town in developing a passion for missions.
- Pray for our Missionaries and through regular GP Prayer Team updates.
Global Missions Partners:
1. New Hope Eurasia: Moldova is a small European country landlocked between the Ukraine and Romania. Though its natural resources are vast, it is one of Europe’s poorest nations, with extreme unemployment and over 70% living under the poverty line. Their need is great. But our commitment to Moldova is not only to meet their physical needs. We long for the people of Moldova to know Christ. GracePoint sends a team to Moldova to evangelize, train, and assist Oleg Reutki and New Hope Eurasia with their mission to win the lost for Christ.
2. The Saavedra Family: Panama is a Central American country that Frank and Silvia Saavedra have been serving since 1993. As a part of ReachGlobal staff, their goal is to glorify God multiplying transformational churches among all people. They minister to people through churches and church planters around Panama. Their main ministries include evangelism, discipleship and the development of leadership while equipping believers to advance the mission.
3. Development Associates International: Paul Borthwick serves on the staff of Development Associates International which is a training group dedicated to the character and ministry development of leaders in the under-resourced world. He speaks annually at Gracepoint and has written several books on his learnings, two of which are: Great Commission, Great Compassion and Western Christians in Global Mission.
4. Aliza Curtis: Mexico is a Central American country that Aliza Curtis has been serving in since 2018. As a part of ABWE, Aliza serves in Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico. Aliza serves through evangelism and discipleship (Bible studies with women, especially through oral Bible “Storying”) in migrant farm camps as she distributes Bibles and Audio Bibles. We pray for Aliza’s safety, wisdom moving forward and God’s provision in her ministry.
At GracePoint we encourage our members to be engaged in serving Global Missions with the love of Jesus where their individual interest or passions may lead them. Find a place to serve and share your story with our church so we can support you in it!